Thursday, August 11, 2011

Talkin' About Things. And Things.

I really should update more... in the span of time since I last wrote a post, the United States economy went way downhill (again) and I finally learned how to snap my fingers with my left hand. What a week.

Also, today I saw SEVEN rats at the 1st Ave L stop. SEVEN. That's almost as many mice as I had in my college apartment! I became a bit nostalgic as I watched them scurry about the tracks, carrying cardboard, cell phones and random bits of machinery into their lairs. I'm not sure why everyone's so concerned about robots taking over the earth. Those damn rats are huge and will totally wipe out humanity some day.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS! SCARY NUMBERS!!!
Speaking of wiping out humanity, as I'm sure you've all heard, the economy is tanking (again), China keeps chastising the US for living outside "its means," or whatever, and Obama is getting even grayer and sad looking. This is all nuts. Luckily, I now make slightly above minimum wage, so everything's dandy. I can totally afford to live in New York City, guys!

I'm still not really clear on how the stock market works, anyway, so I can't be too concerned. Money, schmoney. Living off Easy Mac and bar pretzels is nothing to be ashamed of, right?

I saw one of the L stop rats use its teeth to drag a huge silver watch into a hoarding hole. If there's one New Yorker who knows how to keep afloat when times are rough, it's a subway rat.


No comments:

Post a Comment