Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ch Ch Ch Changes

Several recent important life changes have occurred.

Look at me, I'm all growed up!
1) I graduated from college and have joined the ranks of the food stamp eligible.

2) I am semi employed at a legit magazine, but very unpaid, which is both wonderful and tragic.

3) I have moved back to New York and am living with my parents, like 85 percent of America. They have been very accommodating of me and the remains of my Baltimore apartment, now comprised of three duffels/four boxes/several miscellaneous shopping bags/a Hefty bag full of shoes.

4) I have spent many, many hours on Craigslist looking for an apartment in East Williamsburg because I am under the likely erroneous impression that this particular part of Brooklyn is a magical place filled with ponies and dandelions instead of hipsters and gangsters.

Hidy-ho, future neighbor!
5) I will likely find housing somewhere in a sewer.

6) 90 percent of my job search thus far has involved sitting in my apartment wondering why I don't have a job, 8 percent has been googling what it's like to work at Urban Outfitters, and 2 percent has been fantasizing about becoming best friends with Todd P.

7) I have held no less than four (4) extensive conversations at rando bars with dudes who work at Goldman Sachs/Morgan Stanley/etc. about bond trading or whatever, and I still have absofrackinglutely no idea what they're talking about, yet I continue to feign complete interest.

Eep.

No comments:

Post a Comment