Friday, June 10, 2011

What, Me Worry?

bleeding ulcer, yum!
One of my new Twitter friends posted this New York Times article about the significance of worrying. According to behavioral scientists, apparently excessive worrying can actually lead to eventual success, not just bleeding ulcers.

This is good news for me, since I am, for lack of a better word, quite a worrier. I worry about lots of things. Sometimes, these things relate to my academic performance, or the rise of the Tea Party, or impending apocalypses. Or my hair, because it's tempestuous and rowdy.

I am comforted, though, that people who worry tend to find success. Or, at least, that worrying drives people to find success. I've been worrying a lot about pesky things like money and jobs. They laid off a significant number of the staff at my internship on my first day. First day, first fifteen minutes that I started working there, in fact. Rough stuff.

Man.

1 comment:

  1. blergh, really Becks that's the photo you had to put!

    "tempestuous and rowdy" like bar fight + wild horses

    ReplyDelete